Thursday, May 3, 2012

Confessions

It has been way too long since I've written in here! I have been busy (but when am I not?), travelling to and fro both within Virginia and without. Last weekend I went home to Philly to visit my family. And I must confess it wasn't a trip I was much looking forward to. Family drama sort of puts a damper on homecomings.

Lately, in all my busy-ness, running around, and sleep deprivation, I've been finding rest in meditating on a question someone asked me over winter break: if you had one whole day to yourself, what would you do? Fresh off my half marathon and so enslaved to the working lifestyle, I said I'd go for a run and make food. Hold on. Would I really go for a run on my day off?? NO!!! Please tell me I am not that boring! So I confess, I got ahead of myself when I originally answered the question. But I think I've narrowed down my answer over the past few months: I'd bake! I've been having dreams of strawberry balsamic vanilla cupcakes, lemon ginger cupcakes with blueberry filling, shoo-fly pies, vanilla cupcakes with basil and/or cucumber frosting, dessert dirt, yum yum YUM!! Now I can't wait for that once in a million chance I have a day with absolute nothing to do. Ugh I can not wait!

But until them, I'll keep dreaming and trying new recipes. As I write I an in the Houston airport waiting for my flight to New Orleans for the jazz fest. I am meeting my friend Aryn and my other friend Allie will be there too. I'm looking forward to sleep, fun in the sun, tanning, great music, cool sites, adventures, and, the craziest confession, I'm looking forward to eating sea food for the first time in 15yrs! Let the tastiness and stomach aches begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment