Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Cupcake Whisperer

If I could be anyone in the world, I would either be Beyonce or Isa Chandra Moskowitz. You all know B, she needs to explanation or introduction other than Diva #1. Isa? You probably don't know her. This is her. You might be wondering what she looks like, or where she's from, or what her greatest accomplishments are, but none of that matters to me (well OK she's a yankee so we can relate). All that matters is her perfect, genius, delicious, flawless recipes. I've never made a single recipe from her that wasn't yummy, or that was messed up, or that just didn't taste right. She's so perfect! I want to be perfect! And, if a=b and b=c, then I want to = Isa.

But, my dream is to actually have vegan cupcake recipes that I made up and that are flawless, not go off of someone else's recipes. Which is why I have made these peanut butter chocolate cupcakes (sans the hi-hat frosting) 4 times trying to get them tastey and right. What is the deal with peanut butter cupcakes? I've mixed the mess out of the peanut butter to lighten it, loosen it...I've tried about 3 different egg replacements, I've added liquid, I can't get it right! But, the good news is that through trying to perfect these stupid cupcakes I've learned quite a bit. Things like, the cupcakes on the top rack heat quicker than the ones on the bottom rack (I needed my Bachelor of Science to figure that one out though), soy yogurt leavens as well as moistens, and too much leavening causes cupcakes to look like bowls (inverted cupcake has a nice ring).

I am slowly learning how to be a cupcake whisperer. It's an uphill battle, I'll tell you! But, if there's one thing I've learned from life, it is this: It's a long way to the top of you want to Rock n' Roll.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you snuck a Jack Black reference in there.

    ReplyDelete