Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas 2011 with a fist pump

After much accidental sleeping, rushing, and phone calls I am finally in Charlottesville safely, intact, and unpacked! Alarm clocks are apparently like weathermen. You can't trust them.

So under what context would fist pumping and yelling "Christmas 2011!!!!" be appropriate you ask? Well, celebrating Christmas in 2011 of course! After all the dust has settled, I am just extremely grateful for friends. It became evident this break how fortunate and blessed I have been with all my friends who have, and continue to, support me, encourage me, challenge me, and refresh me. I really can't speak enough about how completely humbled I am by this gift. And that is cause for much praise and fist pumping if you ask me.

But, my homecoming is marked with new (and renewed) relationships, but also a broken relationship that has left my heart calloused. Perhaps it was foolish of me to dream for a perfect break, but, I have to remember, "a sad face is good for the heart" (Ecc 7:3).

For NYE, I stayed with Kirstin and Jen in Pittsburgh at their gorgeous house. I think I completely maxed out all my laugher for 2011 in those last few days with them, but I think that kind of thing is use it or loose it so thank goodness it starts back over in 2012. Below are some highlites!



I love vegan food


Double decker vegan style

Super glittery nails drinking tea!
Braddock. Future home?

What our bodies lacked in enthusiasm our nails made up for


3 comments:

  1. Can't believe you put up the photo of me yawning!! Also, that sparkle nail polish won't be coming off until probably 2013...I had to practically scrape it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha all my nail polish peeled off when i was washing my hair. it was easy b ut i wish it lasted longer!

    ReplyDelete