Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Trouble with Leaving

The trouble with leaving is there is always something to run away from. It's like my feet are moving but my heart is just along for the ride. It's a little disturbing the treasures I choose to store in my heart. And just for the record, if you're not sure what treasures you're storing up in your heart, just wait for a period of trial and testing and see what comes out.

But, the beauty of leaving is that there is always something to run towards. I am a firm believer of the grass being greener, because I believe that we can grow and learn no matter where we are. But sometimes we leave lessons half-learned where we came from, the pruning incomplete, the cleansing only partial. God promises full, complete, all encompassing sanctification (1 Thess 5:23-24). He is faithful, I am faithless. It's a shame the cleansing I run from.

Ezekiel 36:26 "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."

We had a leaders retreat this weekend for the churches in Virginia to kick off the new year. We made goals, we prayed for great expectations, we learned how to build up leaders. It was so great to see old friends and new friends and the pillars in the church. With the things going on in my life and the wave of nostalgia and thankfulness church retreats bring I was feeling quite emotional. Praise God. Still moving towards that heart of gold.

True family

No comments:

Post a Comment