Monday, January 2, 2012

New year, new food

Yum new year! So I have officially cooked my first meals. The first was a balsamic curried chickpea raison thing, for lack of a better word. I used the very last can of chickpeas and other staples I have floating around and ate it over brown rice. nom.



The second was much more involved and forced me to get over my anxiety of blenders (they are so complicated, especially getting them out of the drawer, it turns out). This recipe had the added benefit of working out my arm muscles as I mashed all the incredients with the back side of a ladle.

I broke the final product into pieces to eat on a wrap with lettuce, hummus, avocado, cucumber, and peppers. Gotta admit, I'm pretty proud of this one.

The recipe was adopted from http://www.mangopowergirl.com/2008/08/veggie-burger-number-1.html


Bring on the food.

2 comments: